sierra rv8 engine mounts

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

v8saph

sierra rv8 engine mounts

Post by v8saph »

another Q before i start with project saph :)

i read somewhere that someone just used v6 eengine mounts to bolt there rv8 straight in to a sierra i am dubious of this but i dont know?

i have tried to email magnum twice for a price list but to no avail does anybody know how much they sell them for or any one who has a set they might sell

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

give them a phone 44 (0)1926 642122 from memory I cant see v6 mounts being any use. Not sure if your sapphire cross member will be any use as from memory it needs to be the early cross members to match up with the magnum mounts unless of course they have changed them. Looking at their site the seem to be listing less and less for the conversion. They used to do a bellhousing to a T5 and a modified sump among other things.

x.l.r.8

Post by x.l.r.8 »

you read some tripe, the engine however is an easy fit. The last one I did used the original Sdi mounts and a 'C' section around the chassis, I shortened the original mount to the flat plate and bolted the original mount in reverse to the plate, then the c section has 2 holes drilled into it to accept the 2 from the 'ear' of the mount. The T5 already fits so you have to use a transit rad if you can find one cheap. The sump from an SDi needs a little shave but I would use a range rover one as they are thicker. You can add a bit to the side and baffle it 'trap-door' to make up the volume. If you hsave the pressed tin x-member then you will do well to weld it along its edges while you have it accessable.
Yes it's a Porsche and yes, it should sound like that!

Return to “Engines Area”