Chevy 5/8 7/16 rockers.... what's the difference??

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Jono FD3
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Chevy 5/8 7/16 rockers.... what's the difference??

Post by Jono FD3 »

Like the title says guys what is the difference between the 5/8 and the 7/16 rockers?? Is it just the collars on the Polly lockers or is it the threads on the rocker studs??? Just want to find out so I don't get the wrong bits for my cast camel hump heads!!

Cheers
Jono

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

hi
the 5/8 are substantially stiffer, they are also an aftermarket item on a small block chevy, not a stock camel hump head item. . . You will also find that apart from on 302 chevy heads, bow tie heads, and a very few other "special" factory engines the 7/16 screw in items are also aftermarket. . . normal fitment are push in 7/16 I would have a check as to what you have first.
best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Jono FD3
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Jono FD3 »

Ok so it's the thread size then yea??? Basically I've found a set of 7/16 full roller rockers up for sale and was wanting to see if they would fit my heads or if I would need different studs in the head??

Jono

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
unless someone has installed 5/8 studs then they will fit, they are most probably 7/16 screw in studs if the heads have been ported at some stage.
best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Jono FD3
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Jono FD3 »

Ok so it's the thread size then yea??? Basically I've found a set of 7/16 full roller rockers up for sale and was wanting to see if they would fit my heads or if I would need different studs in the head??

Jono

Return to “Engines Area”