John Eales

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

bubblehead

John Eales

Post by bubblehead »

Hi does anyone have any info on John Eales engine numbers or the numbering convention used. Looking at an engine which supposedly has a cross drilled crank, large valve heads, omega pistons and group a rockers, it's a 4.3 and described as Dakar spec which means not alot to me so if anyone can shed some light or things to look for i would be much obliged.
Cheers

richardpope50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by richardpope50 »

Albeit some years ago, JE said they would put whatever engine number you wanted on it.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control and Quaife LSD ....... Now nut and bolt restoring a TR6

bubblehead

Post by bubblehead »

:lol: This isn't gonna be simple is it !

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Email John and ask!

That will at least tell you if he keeps the data on file eh ??

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

Boosted LS1
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Boosted LS1 »

Omega did cast and forged pistons so bare that in mind. Rockers are easy to check, lift a valve cover. Cranks were usually cross drilled by JE if using an iceberg crank casting. I'd expect blue rocker covers. Can you take the sump off and look at the pistons from underneath to see if forged or cast. If they look like the normal rover oddball items then the engine's nothing special.

russell_ram
Getting There
Getting There

Post by russell_ram »

I'm with Boosted, even if JE confirms it might be one of his engines, the only certain way of confirming whats inside and is what the seller says it is is to at least partially strip it. Who's to say it hasn't been re-build with other parts since JE built it in any case.

Russ
Rover Powered to 11.63sec @ 128mph.

bubblehead

Post by bubblehead »

Cheers guys that should give me enough to keep me straight, will let you know how i get on.

Return to “Engines Area”