Rover P6 part no. 610029 special bolt 3/8 UNC x 1 1/8"

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

al mackenzie
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Rover P6 part no. 610029 special bolt 3/8 UNC x 1 1/8"

Post by al mackenzie »

Hello chaps. Hope somebody on here can help me. I'm looking for two more of the 'special' bolts with which to attach a warm air collector to the driver's side exhaust manifold of my Rover P6 3500. Three of these bolts attach the manifold to the cylinder head, they have a long hex section which is threaded to accept a smaller bolt to hold the warm air collector in place. I want to fit the US export air filter canister which had a cold air intake from a scoop on the bonnet and a warm air feed from the engine, with a flap regulating the mix of warm and cold air. Can't just fit the scoop without also having the corresponding set-up n the engine, that would be too easy! Cash waiting, hope somebody can help me out!

'72 Rover 3500, 6yr back-to-the-bare-Base-Unit nut & bolt resto finished in time for her 40th birthday June 2012!

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

If you get stuck you can improvise that.
Get a length of threaded rod with the right pitch thread and a few nuts to make up the thickness of the spacer you want and thread them onto the rod leaving a bit each side to screw into the head and to fit a washer and nut to the other end.
Cheers,
John

ged
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ged »

PM sent.

al mackenzie
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by al mackenzie »

Many thanks to Ged, who kindly made me three of these otherwise impossible to find 'special' bolts out of stainless. Excellent. Another problem solved through this useful forum and it's helpful members. :D
'72 Rover 3500, 6yr back-to-the-bare-Base-Unit nut & bolt resto finished in time for her 40th birthday June 2012!

ged
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ged »

You're welcome Al. :D

Best Regards

Ged.

Return to “Engines Area”