Installing Serpentine front cover

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

adamnreeves
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by adamnreeves »

Regm

I only know of him. I didn't actually buy my sump from him. I got it as another bargin off Ebay. I tell you I have bought that many things off Ebay I am considering getting Ebay and Paypal sponsorship stickers to put on my car for a laugh!

Regards,
Adam.

r2d2hp wrote:Hi Adam,

Is the Peter Mulbury the chap that used to build racing cars near Cranford - West London called Abraxus Racing. If it is I bought my LSD for my Capri axle from him back in the mid 80's.
Really nice guy, still have his business card from back then.
If it is the same guy give him my regards even though he probably wont remember me.

regards Reg

adamnreeves
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by adamnreeves »

Reading ahead to installing the front timing cover this weekend. In the overhaul manual it gives the sequence of installing the 9 bolts, I think of which 3 of them go through the water pump. It does not tell you the sequence of the bolts at the top of the water pump, infact does not even mention them at all. I presume I install this after the 9 bolts in the timing cover, but this seems a little strange, as it means I will not be following a diaganol torquing sequence for the water pump and will be forcing down on the bottom of the water pump. Is this correct?

seight
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by seight »

I think the torque values are so low that it won't make any difference to be honest - aren't they something like 6 ftlb ?

Mike :D :wink:

adamnreeves
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by adamnreeves »

22 nm or 16 ft/lbs. I have to assume that this is the same for the bolts at the top, as it does not mention. I know same spec bolts but I try never to assume anything!
seight wrote:I think the torque values are so low that it won't make any difference to be honest - aren't they something like 6 ftlb ?

Mike :D :wink:

Return to “Engines Area”