two white wires

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

toughy V8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

two white wires

Post by toughy V8 »

im trying to wire in my r/r efi loom and im stuck on the two white wires, one thick and one thin im sure one is ignition live but which one and what does the other do

ramon alban
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Re: two white wires

Post by ramon alban »

toughy V8 wrote:im trying to wire in my r/r efi loom and im stuck on the two white wires, one thick and one thin im sure one is ignition live but which one and what does the other do
Toughy, this may help you. It's an image of the Rover SD1 Efi Circuit showing components and cable colours.

http://www.vintagemodelairplane.com/pag ... uit01.html

Once you have opened the page click on the RED Temporary Link.

Grab it while you can.

KMCE

Post by KMCE »

Toughy,

I have the manual for the Range Rover, which has two diagrams for the 88/89 and the 90 Lucas hot wire fuel injection system.
Let me know which one it is, and I can scan it for you.
For information, the only white only wiring appears to be on the vehicle wiring loom side of the wiring diagram. This is normaly a white multi plug, located adjacent to the steering column in a Range Rover. The larger white wire, is as you suspected an ignition feed. The second one from reading the diagram, is linked to this (probably in the plug itself) and is connected to the speed transducer, and wired back in to the plug using a yellow cable.

Hope that helps.

Ken
V8 Heaven
Range Rover: 3.9 Carter AFB, Offenhauser Dual plane manifold, S2 Heads, Fast Road Cam, Vernier Timing Gear, MSD 6A c/w Blaster Coil
Oh.. and an Aston Martin V8 Series 3S

toughy V8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by toughy V8 »

i dont know what year my efi kit is all i do know is that its a flapper system, looking at ramons diagram (thanks for that by the way ramon) i think your right about the two white wires being joined together, if you could scan a flapper diagram it would be appreciated thanks

bodger
Guru
Guru

Post by bodger »

dont join these wires together , they are at the back of the head ?yes
what they are is the connections for the overrun valve .. if you havent got one fitted you don't need the reley near the coil
get rid of it
the relay connector has 4 wires in square , just connect the black/white to the coil negative and insulate the other 2
hope that makes sense
the loose one is now unused

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”