Rover 3.9/4.2 serpentine fuel injection circuit diagram

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

jenand40
Getting There
Getting There

Rover 3.9/4.2 serpentine fuel injection circuit diagram

Post by jenand40 »

Can anyone help me out please.
I am making up a new fuel injection wiring loom for my 4.2 serpentine engine(I do not have the original) but am unable to find the correct circuit diagram. The best I can come up with is a 1990 3.9 one. I believe the engine is about 1996 - 1998? Are they the same? Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks.

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

What is the engine from?, 4.2 as I recall was only fitted to Range Rover LSE.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

jwriyadh

Post by jwriyadh »

The 3.9 and 4.2 will have virtually the same wiring diagram, they are both hotwire.
It will make more difference with respect to which vehicle you intend to fit the engine. An appropriate diagram will show all the link connnections arriving at the correct point for connection into the vehicle wiring loom, ie, speed sensor, A/C control, fan control, fuel pump inertia switch.
If the target vehicle is not an RRC LSE then go for the later versions, ie 95 RRC 3.9 or 97 3.9 Discovery 1 as these will include all options.

jw

jenand40
Getting There
Getting There

Post by jenand40 »

Chris/JW thanks for your responses.
The 4.2 is actually a brand new intermediate stripped engine to replace the 3.5 engine I currently have in my Triumph Stag.
I have also bought a complete 3.9 intermediate serpentine engine just for the front pulleys/brackets etc.
The latest circuit diagram I can find is for the 1990 hotwire system, so I guess my question is "Is there a difference between the 1990 hotwire system and the later 1996/98 serpentine hotwire system?"
Would still like to locate a circuit diagram for the later system though.
Again many thanks.

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Off the top of my head, I don't know the answer, although I expect they are the same.

To be sure, I would purchase a Land Rover CD workshop manual off e-bay, then you would get all the info you need.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

jwriyadh

Post by jwriyadh »

Trawl around the Land Rover forums for offers of something called "Rave".
This, when installed on your PC will give diagrams for a 95 RR Classic and a 97 Discovery 1, both hotwire. Look in the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual or ETM. The Discovery I know is serpentine.

jw

jenand40
Getting There
Getting There

Post by jenand40 »

Followed JW`s advice and found "Rave" manual on Ebay. Tells me all I want to know, and more! Recommended.
Many thanks

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”