Coil packs,

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Coil packs,

Post by Coops »

are there ant coil packs that use the standard plug ends?
e.g same as the dizzy cap ends,

as would like to use my mallory 8mm prowinder leads if possible,
if not what coil packs are ideal,
and can i have new ends put on my leads?
as looking at the magnecor leads im gona need a morgage to buy set them,

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Dangerdoc

lead ends

Post by Dangerdoc »

I use HEI lead ends at both ends of the leads. Mallory Hyfire 6A Ign, MAllory MBI dizzy and HEI cap, Mallory 8mm leads and obviously connect to the HEI terminal fittings on the plugs.

You can change the lead ends - dead easy, chop em off, strip back the right amount depending on terminals being fitted, slip over the insulator boots, and crimp on the terminals.

See vehicle wiring products lads for the terminal choices including angled and straight plus the correct footwear (oops sorry boots).

Doc

bill shurvinton
Getting There
Getting There

Post by bill shurvinton »

Bling plug leads are just that. Good std grade need not cost the earth and will be made with the right ends.

http://www.fastlaneauto.co.uk/ do custom sets for not much money (60-70 for a set for a v8). I have a crimp that fits MSD ends, but havent found a source of the connectors.

If you go with ford coil packs the OEM connectors are a must. latching and completely waterproof. fit, and forget.

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

bill shurvinton wrote:Bling plug leads are just that. Good std grade need not cost the earth and will be made with the right ends.

http://www.fastlaneauto.co.uk/ do custom sets for not much money (60-70 for a set for a v8). I have a crimp that fits MSD ends, but havent found a source of the connectors.

If you go with ford coil packs the OEM connectors are a must. latching and completely waterproof. fit, and forget.
Yes I agree. I got mine made up by performance leads delivered for £50 they are 8mm custom made to my sizes all numbered and use "spiral" cores with the proper edis plugs on the end.

http://www.performanceleads.co.uk/
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

ta guys
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”