Rover V8 Hotwire ECU identification.

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

jenand40
Getting There
Getting There

Rover V8 Hotwire ECU identification.

Post by jenand40 »

Looking for advice please on the correct ECU for the Rover V8 hotwire injection system.
I understand that the 3.9 and 4.2 hotwire system components (inlet manifold, injectors etc) are the same for both systems except for the ECU`s.
Am hoping to build up a system for the 4.2 from seperate parts, as I can`t locate a complete 4.2 system, and need to ensure I buy the correct ECU.
Does anyone have any 3.9/4.2 intermediate front end parts for sale? (crank pully, water pump pulley etc.) Would be willing to buy complete engine to get all the parts.
Many thanks.

badger
Getting There
Getting There

Post by badger »

All ecu's (from 4.2 introduction onwards) are the same, the correct map for the 4.2 being selected by a blue tune resistor. This is a closed-loop map, the 4.2 was never sold (to the best of my knowledge, anyway) in an open-loop configuration.
Sorry, can't help with the other parts.
Badger.
"Real sport has 8 spark plugs"
www.roverv8engines.co.uk

jenand40
Getting There
Getting There

Post by jenand40 »

Thanks for your reply Badger.
I have been looking on Ebay and come across several ECU`s all for the 3.9 V8, eg:PRC7081, AMR3242, AMR2944, PRC9061. This is the part number I was requesting advice about, there must be differences between them otherwise they would all be the same number?
Also can anyone help with the correct part number for the 4.2 serpentine distributor?

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”