Emerald M3dk

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Slatter

Emerald M3dk

Post by Slatter »

Folowing on from the post below i have been looking at a new ecu system.

My engine has currently got an OLD motec system which is out of date and motec cant get a lead or program to remap it for my new engine. Its 15 years old.

Ive asked them about new ecus, they have given me a rough quote of £2000 + this and that etc i was like :shock:

Ive been advised of the Emerald M3dk, Been on their website but can anyone tell me, Will it control all 8 injectors sequentially or are they group fired ??

I would be putting coil packs on to run ignition and fuel from the ecu.

Any info or past experinces would be appreciated

Thanks Slatter

bill shurvinton
Getting There
Getting There

Post by bill shurvinton »

there are a couple of variants. The M3D is batch fire, the M3DS is sequential (and at a grand expensive). But you do get cheap rolling road tuning, if that is what you want.

Now there is the question of whether you actually need Sequential. it won't give you any more power, but will improve fuel economy a bit. Your choice.

Slatter

Post by Slatter »

I dont mind spending a 1000 for something that would cost well over 2000 from motec.

Its for a 4.8 worked engine in a safari racer, want it to be as good as i can get within my budget.

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

You dont need sequential.

Im managing fine without it, although given my injector size and type, sequential would defo be better.

Batch is much easier to install, and will work perfectly, and therefore save money on both counts.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”