Relays sharing power to pins 86 and 30?

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

baggers

Relays sharing power to pins 86 and 30?

Post by baggers »

Hi all, goal for this weekend on my Sebring v8 is to finish the wiring for the fuel pumps (one high volume feeding a swirl pot and a high pressure pump taking from that). After that I will be running out of excuses not to start it. :lol:

So a relay question. A simpler wiring solution for my situation will be to switch the earths on the pump relays. Now, question is as follows; so long as I fuse the feed appropriately from the power distribution board I will put in, can I relay share that power feed to pins 86 and 30? Given it is DC I cannot see why not, but your collective wisdom would be appreciated.

I have a switch for each fuel pump as I quite fancy the ceremony of a master ignition switch, 2 fuel pump switches and a push start. :D

Whilst we're here, will a Lucas Hotwire system be bothered if I pull out the built in loom fuel pump relay?

Thanks guys.

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

No reason not to share the main and coil power if that does what you want.
It's common to arrange things so the pump stops with the engine - to prevent spilling fuel in event of an accident, etc. Your hotwire will already do this.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

The Hotwire fuel pump relay is happily powering both my Facit red top circulating to my swirl pot and also the Bosch044 high pressure pump

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”