what spark plugs do you use?

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

pawmaro

what spark plugs do you use?

Post by pawmaro »

Im running 3.9 block with Crane fast road cam and 28cc 4.2 heads
Fuel injected Have chipped 45mm intake and 75mm throttle valve.
Currently using NGK BPR6ES
These are not very old but I think a couple are playing up

SimpleSimon
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by SimpleSimon »

I very much doubt you have a couple of dodgy NGK plugs to be honest in over 28 years in the motor trade exclusively NGK I have only ever known of 2 faulty NGK plugs your spec RV8 wont overwhelm the wide heat range of a 6 quite frankly, I suggest you have a faulty HT lead or some other ign component failing 8-) personally I run BCPR7E these are smaller plugs to suit my small boot BB Chevy HT leads and 7's because I have ahigh CR but probably overkill to be honest but after carrying out a plug chop they look suited to my motor :o I have also used Denso when NGK have not been available another recommended plug, and why wouldn't they be they are Japanese also , of course in saying all this previously badly fouled plugs wont always fully recover :( new or otherwise
Last edited by SimpleSimon on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
TVR Chimaera RV8 Mods & Megasquirt

pawmaro

Post by pawmaro »

SimpleSimon wrote:I very much doubt you have a couple of dodgy NGK plugs to be honest in over 28 years in the motor trade exclusively NGK I have only ever known of 2 faulty NGK plugs your spec RV8 wont overwhelm the wide heat range of a 6 quite frankly, I suggest you have a faulty HT lead or some other ign component failing 8-) personally I run BCPR7E these are smaller plugs to suit my small boot BB Chevy HT leads and 7's because I have nearly 11.1 CR but probably overkill to be honest but after carrying out a plug chop they look suited to my motor :o I have also used Denso when NGK have not been available another recommended plug, and why wouldn't they be they are Japanese also , of course in saying all this previously badly fouled plugs wont always fully recover :( new or otherwise
Yeah know what you mean but I have had dodgy NGK plugs in motorbikes over the years yes I know I might have other problem but I have 11bar compression new leads cap distributor. all injectors have pulse at injectors.
was going to chane plugs befor I on to having injectors out

SimpleSimon
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by SimpleSimon »

Well for the small cost involved chop a new set in to see 8-)
TVR Chimaera RV8 Mods & Megasquirt

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”