Dizzy as cam sensor

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

DaveEFI wrote: I've played with ATS correction at high temps - but with little success.
In theory you would lean mixtures as air temp rises according to some dudes gas laws or something.

I've yet to find an engine that will actually happily run with these settings though. Although I've never used a remote mounted air temp sensor ( ie more akin to an ambient sensor ), all have been installed closer to the engine within boost pipes

Either leave most values from 30degC or higher at zero compensation, or sometimes even add a little fuel.

Once closed loop correction kicks in, it should take care of anything if you wish to target specific AFR's

9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Cobratone
Is a Spanner

Post by Cobratone »

I noticed in the early part of the video before the reset that the pulsewidth was lower and also the ego correction was at 112%? Could either of those things be causing your problem rather than injector timing??

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

Cobratone wrote:I noticed in the early part of the video before the reset that the pulsewidth was lower and also the ego correction was at 112%? Could either of those things be causing your problem rather than injector timing??
+10% at idle, yet even when wideband comes online IJPW's dont seem to change as if close loop isnt actually active.

I can only presume when the dial is red those corrections are not actually being applied ?
Either way, it doesnt look like they are being applied even when screen isnt red

Either way, the main problem there is the AFR reading and behaviour on screen is not correct.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

I'm assuming MS incorporates a baseline correction for rising air temperature as seen by the ATS. You can then trim that in a table.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

SimpleSimon
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by SimpleSimon »

That look like a firmware glitch or another hardware issue IMO absolutely no way would that RV8 idle at those lean AFR's as said already no way :(
TVR Chimaera RV8 Mods & Megasquirt

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”