3.5 EFI transplant

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Speedball1

3.5 EFI transplant

Post by Speedball1 »

I am about to remove the above on saturday from a donor Range Rover. I only have access to the vehicle for one day and after that it is being collected as scrap. What do I need to remove with the engine in terms of electrickery?

Regards
Phil

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

EFI wiring loom.
The ecu and a few relays are under the drivers seat, unplug it and thread it all the way back through the bulkhead.

Dont forget to grab the ignition coil and surrounding wiring and try to label and photograph stuff, because you will appreciate it when your'e trying to remember where all the pipes and wires went.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

The EFi loom is separate to the car loom - but make sure you cut off the bit on the car loom that plugs into it, so you can keep the loom itself standard (makes swapping things around easier).

Get as many hoses, clips, etc. Might be worth getting the whole fuel plumbing caboodle, pump as well unless it's an in-tank jobbie.

Get as much exhaust too.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Speedball1

Post by Speedball1 »

I already have a 3.5 on carbs. I had just finished putting it back together but it is clearly something wrong with 7 & 8 - very tight. Have been offered a 'good-un' from under a bonnet in a car thar has terminal rot. I didn't think £200 was too bad for 'all I need to make it go'. I have never had dealings with an RV8 on EFI so wasn't sure. It sounds a damn site easier than the sequentially injected Honda Blackbird bike engine I put in my Fury. I retro fitted Emerald and had to take oscillocope traces of cam and crank to get it to work. 150% bhp at the wheels from a 1100! 0 - 60 in under 4 secs :D

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”