Igntion map

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

bobtail84
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bobtail84 »

Right... here are my current maps... What do you think?

and this is my LPG spark map

Jeff

Range Rover 3.9 with MegaSquirt and EDIS

www.essex-ms.co.uk

daxtojeiro
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by daxtojeiro »

Jeff,
looks the same as a distributor curve, you can do far more with that if you wanted to :)
Start by increasing the advance at the cruise KPa from 1500-3000RPM,
Phil

http://www.extraefi.co.uk/cobra/accobra.htm SuperCharged 5325cc V8 Cobra Replica (Full sequential Fuel and Ignition MS3 management)

bobtail84
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bobtail84 »

Phil, I want too... :D

How many deg advance would be advised or trial and error keeping an eye on the AFR gauge?

Jeff

www.essex-ms.co.uk

daxtojeiro
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by daxtojeiro »

Advance it a few degrees at a time, Id be looking at running 25-35deg, lean out the fuel as far as you can too. Its depends on how your engine reacts, but most will go to 15.5AFR easily enough, especially on a wasted spark setup. This may not be possible on a dizzy based setup as the spark may not be powerful enough.

http://www.extraefi.co.uk/cobra/accobra.htm SuperCharged 5325cc V8 Cobra Replica (Full sequential Fuel and Ignition MS3 management)

bobtail84
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bobtail84 »

Right I've been a-fiddling... and the results are very good. The Accel Enrichment will need re- doing later.

It still needs more work.
Any more thought's?

Jeff

www.essex-ms.co.uk

adamnreeves
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by adamnreeves »

Loaded the map in that Phil posted, which has raised my 24degree max advance at WOT to 31. Christ sake, you can really feel the difference. My car is a westfield so it achieves 0-60 in around 3.5seconds but where you can really tell the difference is how quick it gets to the rev limiter at 6000rpm! Seems a lot more willing to get there. Spent a good few hours today autotuning the VE map.

bobtail84
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bobtail84 »

:D It does make it a bit more frisky doesn't it. Are you using the auto tune in TS or Megatune?

Jeff

www.essex-ms.co.uk

daxtojeiro
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by daxtojeiro »

adamnreeves wrote:Loaded the map in that Phil posted, which has raised my 24degree max advance at WOT to 31. Christ sake, you can really feel the difference. My car is a westfield so it achieves 0-60 in around 3.5seconds but where you can really tell the difference is how quick it gets to the rev limiter at 6000rpm! Seems a lot more willing to get there. Spent a good few hours today autotuning the VE map.
24 was a long way out, 30 is more like where it needs to be, glad you can tell the difference,
Phil

adamnreeves
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by adamnreeves »

bobtail84 wrote::D It does make it a bit more frisky doesn't it. Are you using the auto tune in TS or Megatune?

Jeff
Autotune in the latest Tunerstudio version.

adamnreeves
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by adamnreeves »

Much appreciated Phil. VE quite close now, just a few more tuning runs.
daxtojeiro wrote:
adamnreeves wrote:Loaded the map in that Phil posted, which has raised my 24degree max advance at WOT to 31. Christ sake, you can really feel the difference. My car is a westfield so it achieves 0-60 in around 3.5seconds but where you can really tell the difference is how quick it gets to the rev limiter at 6000rpm! Seems a lot more willing to get there. Spent a good few hours today autotuning the VE map.
24 was a long way out, 30 is more like where it needs to be, glad you can tell the difference,
Phil

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”