efi loom

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

landybob_v8
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

efi loom

Post by landybob_v8 »

how easy would it be to stip the loom covers off and re wire certain parts

im guessing you could pull back the rubber covers from the connectors
like the one for the extra air valve

my valve doesnt work now and seeing as ive had the loom pulled about here there and everywhere i think ive damaged the wires

is it possible then to cut the wire at the connector solder new on and then cut and solder it at the ecu end?

or is it time for a seccond hand decent efi loom of ebay? and start again cutting and lengthening to splice into the motor again

suppose this time i could make it proper as i had to cut off the connector block for the efi to car loom and wire bits up to it could get the male connector end and do a proper job then with the car loom made properly to fit a efi loom

but if i dont have to do it i dont want to eh

v8's everywhere at least the one in the spare bedrooms gone now

mrs happy again

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

you could easy do the cut and splice or you could buy new pins for the plugs and renew the wire completely. You will get the pins from either vehicle wiring products or most likely from Maplins. Vehicle wiring will be able to sell you new plugs as well if you wanted but they wont do the ecu plug but will do the pins.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

beat you to it mate :lol:
gave Rob the details via messenger at around 8pm 8-)
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

landybob_v8
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by landybob_v8 »

well happy ill solder it for now but im going to knock up a whole new loom routed properly for my engine bay with quick fast connectors to get it out should i need to

and i usually do lol im never happy with it for more than 5 minuites
or i bugger it up somehow

im slowly sorting it out but things get broken or knocked as its all getting a tad old but it was a free setup so im not bothered

put it this way it works until ive done a job then it shows up with a fault completely unconnected with the job ive done hence pulling bits back off about 5 times until i find its nothing to do with it and has been a complete coincidence

tony knows that well im never off the phone lol
v8's everywhere at least the one in the spare bedrooms gone now

mrs happy again

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

yup had to charge my phone up yesterday :lol:
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”