Bellhousing for Mazda mx5 box to Rover V8

General Chat About Drivetrain & Transmission.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

GDCobra
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Re: Bellhousing for Mazda mx5 box to Rover V8

Post by GDCobra »

SuperV8 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:28 am
GDCobra wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:23 pm
Just had a look at the RPi offering. Looks like they sell it as a conversion (at £4.6k) which seems to be specific to the MGB. May not be too bad if you have a top spec' MGB worth plenty of money but it's a fair chunk of change otherwise. From the photo's it looks like the front casing of the 'box is machined to suit the RV8 bell housing. I wonder it this is the MK 1,2,3 or 4 'box.

Not sure how good the Mazda 5 speed is, I've had two MX-5s, both with 6 speed boxes and I don't think they're as slick as many people make out although I have heard the 5 speed is a better change.

I'd also question the strength of a 'box from a car with, maybe, 160BhP and limited torque to go behind a RV8 with, hopefully, a good dollop more power and torque.
The "RPI" kit is just the Vitesse kit: https://www.vitesse-ltd.com/products/mg ... 2018439251
Don't know if they've just got the wrong photo there but the BH on that 'box does not look like the V8 pattern, the RPI one does.

SuperV8
Guru
Guru

Post by SuperV8 »

GDCobra wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:53 am
SuperV8 wrote:
GDCobra wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:23 pm
Just had a look at the RPi offering. Looks like they sell it as a conversion (at £4.6k) which seems to be specific to the MGB. May not be too bad if you have a top spec' MGB worth plenty of money but it's a fair chunk of change otherwise. From the photo's it looks like the front casing of the 'box is machined to suit the RV8 bell housing. I wonder it this is the MK 1,2,3 or 4 'box.

Not sure how good the Mazda 5 speed is, I've had two MX-5s, both with 6 speed boxes and I don't think they're as slick as many people make out although I have heard the 5 speed is a better change.

I'd also question the strength of a 'box from a car with, maybe, 160BhP and limited torque to go behind a RV8 with, hopefully, a good dollop more power and torque.
The "RPI" kit is just the Vitesse kit: https://www.vitesse-ltd.com/products/mg ... 2018439251
Don't know if they've just got the wrong photo there but the BH on that 'box does not look like the V8 pattern, the RPI one does.
Thinks it's just a generic image.
One of RPI's images is actually the Vitesse image.
Dax Rush 4.6 supercharged V8 MSII

GDCobra
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by GDCobra »

SuperV8 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:57 am
GDCobra wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:53 am
SuperV8 wrote:

Thinks it's just a generic image.
One of RPI's images is actually the Vitesse image.
Well I did say they may have the wrong photo, would make some sense for them to be careful though.

Return to “Drivetrain & Transmission Area”