Clutch slave cylinder RV8

General Chat About Drivetrain & Transmission.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Devonrod
Getting There
Getting There

Clutch slave cylinder RV8

Post by Devonrod »

I need a new clutch slave cylinder, the one I had was SD1, I know they make lots of different ones that fit land/range rovers, the old one was cast iron and some of the others available are alloy, I would like one in alloy but don't know which one will fit?
the reason for different types seem mostly to the inlet pipe thread type, I don't care about this as I can adapt to anything, any ideas ?

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

You will need the inside diameter of the one you want to replace to be able to source the same size. After that, hit the spares places with that info and see what they have for you.
The replacement may have a different mounting bolt pattern, too, though...
Cheers,
John

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

I'd second that

And once you know the bore I would contact Rally Design who I have always found to have a great stock of all sizes

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

Devonrod
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Devonrod »

I know that its 22mm bore I just don't know what alloy one to buy ?

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

Devonrod wrote:I know that its 22mm bore I just don't know what alloy one to buy ?
Take a tracing of the base of the cylinder to match up the bolt pattern and an idea of how long the pedal moves the piston in a stroke and then match those criteria.
Cheers,
John

Devonrod
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Devonrod »

I got this one in the end, alloy, but has a 7/16 inlet hole, just needed to buy the correct 7/16 fitting and make up a small joining pipe to my aeroquip hose. A SD1 cast iron one is £31, just because its got the right hole for a SD1 hose !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201291336018? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Return to “Drivetrain & Transmission Area”