Just when you think you found a bargain !

General Chat About Drivetrain & Transmission.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Devonrod
Getting There
Getting There

Just when you think you found a bargain !

Post by Devonrod »

I need a RV8 to T5 cosworth bellhousing, I have a converted RV8 auto bellhousing and alloy plate adaptor, that a friend has lent me to copy, then I thought I would have a last look for a proper bell housing when I found the enclosed link, the first on Google when I searched, I thought great, I phoned them this morning and of course they don't sell them anymore, pissed ?, no not at all ............http://www.powersperformance.co.uk/stor ... ng-t5-box/

sorry link wont work ? anyhow, the page says £150 + VAT and its the same picture as V8 tuner use for there bellhousing .
Last edited by Devonrod on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

Just highlight the link and right click - Open in new tab/window and the link opens.
There's quite a big RV8 conversion following in Aus, maybe you could find a bell housing there.
Cheers,
John

sidecar
Top Dog
Top Dog

Re: Just when you think you found a bargain !

Post by sidecar »

Devonrod wrote:I need a RV8 to T5 cosworth bellhousing, I have a converted RV8 auto bellhousing and alloy plate adaptor, that a friend has lent me to copy, then I thought I would have a last look for a proper bell housing when I found the enclosed link, the first on Google when I searched, I thought great, I phoned them this morning and of course they don't sell them anymore, pissed ?, no not at all ............http://www.powersperformance.co.uk/stor ... ng-t5-box/

sorry link wont work ?
JE Developments do a bellhousing. Now this might rub a few people up the wrong way but personally I don't think much of JE. I purchased the said bellhousing, he supplied it with a concentric slave (Ford Mondeo), the pipe fittings supplied were all wrong, they leaked like a sieve. The bellhousing held the gearbox too far way from the clutch plate which led to poor spline engagement, the mating surface between the block and the bellhousing needed squaring up so that the box was in line with the crank, in total the machining to sort all this out was several hundred quid, I tried to explain all this to JE but he already knows everything so won't be told.

I'm sure that people have purchased this bellhousing and just lobbed it onto their engine, that's fine but I wanted everything totally right. The lack of decent spline engagement would have ended in tears eventually!

I think that RPI do a bellhousing too!

Devonrod
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Devonrod »

My friend has had lots of trouble with an aftermarket concentric slave and he has the expensive supposed better later model, I looked in Australia and no one seems to make them anymore, I found a place in New Zealand but it was big bucks ! D&D in USA make them dunno about the cost, the other thing looking at old threads on this forum, someone said the Cosworth T5 didn't fit a TVR bellhousing, the front bearing carrier was too big for the TVR bellhousing, I suppose it could be turned down to fit ?

mike-b
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mike-b »

Have a word with Paul at V8 tuner, he`s linked from the main page on this site.
Paul is a decent guy and is very helpful.
Measure the diameter of the g`box front bearing carrier - most are 118mm my bugger was 124mm so I had to hand it to a machine shop though £40 wasn`t bad as it "Dialed in" at a max of three thou - 5 being the max allowance.
However I strongly advise you to talk to Paul. I have always found him knowledgeable.
Mike B Drives a 1984 Mk2 Granada ghia V8.

Return to “Drivetrain & Transmission Area”