Problems Fitting a Sherpa Remote

General Chat About Drivetrain & Transmission.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

shetlandnick

Problems Fitting a Sherpa Remote

Post by shetlandnick »

Hi all
Having a few probs fitting a sherpa remote to my SD1 box. Firstly, the two top mounting holes on the remote don't line up with the mounting holes in the tail housing; did sherpas have a different housing to SD1's or do I need to make up an adapter plate? Also, I don't have the spherical bearing that fits on the gear selector rod and sits under the gear lever. It doesnt look like the SD1 one can be adapted to fit. Does anyone have one available as there are no local LDV dealers for me to pester. Any close up pics of a sherpa remote mounted on an SD1 box would be useful too.
Thanks
Nick

jrv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by jrv8 »

Hi Nick,
The Sherpa remote does not bolt on as you think it should, it bolts on at an angle. This is to slant the gearstick over towards the driver in the van.
I'll be open again on Tuesday and should be able to help with a picture.
Regards
Jim

Lewis
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Lewis »

Heres some shots of mine in various states of exposure :lol: It does indeed crank it over at an angle, quite nice really. Puts it right in your hand! (fnaar!)

Hope that's of some assistance.

Something of a work in progress, can you tell? :lol:

shetlandnick

Post by shetlandnick »

Thanks for the pics Lewis! It seems that there is a bit of the casing of my remote missing. Should there be two holes on the top left as you look down on it? Think I need to get the welder out and put a bit more metal on the casing.

Return to “Drivetrain & Transmission Area”