rover v8 36lb injectors

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

DEVONMAN
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by DEVONMAN »

The dual port manifold may cramp your style at the top end.
It was originally designed for a 3.5 Buick.
I use the Edelbrock Performer now and am happy with the overall performance but it is a bit taller due to the cross over design.

1950 A40 Devon Hotrod with 5.0 twin turbo RV8.
EDIS8 wasted spark, Holley Injection.
Been as far as the Moon and back in 57 years of driving. Same Car, 5 engine upgrades !!!

capriandyb1

Post by capriandyb1 »

That was my worries with the edelbrock performer im wanting a extreme velocity top hat as well I thought the top end rate on the 360 dual port was roughly same as the edelbrock??

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Is there really no room for the standard Rover plenum? I've seen a Capri with one. But can't remember if the bonnet was modified.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

sidecar
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by sidecar »

capriandyb1 wrote:That was my worries with the edelbrock performer im wanting a extreme velocity top hat as well I thought the top end rate on the 360 dual port was roughly same as the edelbrock??
There is no way that a dual port will flow the same as the Eddy, the dual port is low rise and the port divider blocks about 15% of the port area.

I don't know much about forced induction but maybe the port runner sizes aren't as critical as they are with a 'NA' engine. A non-dual port 360 will flow as much if not more than the Eddy but these are rare and/or expensive.

capriandyb1

Post by capriandyb1 »

DaveEFI wrote:Is there really no room for the standard Rover plenum? I've seen a Capri with one. But can't remember if the bonnet was modified.
There's room yes,ill need megasquirt too..iv looked at both systems and the efi holley produce is just a really nice piece of kit.
It's a simple task in the future to run turbos after iv run engine in without

capriandyb1

Post by capriandyb1 »

sidecar wrote:
capriandyb1 wrote:That was my worries with the edelbrock performer im wanting a extreme velocity top hat as well I thought the top end rate on the 360 dual port was roughly same as the edelbrock??
There is no way that a dual port will flow the same as the Eddy, the dual port is low rise and the port divider blocks about 15% of the port area.

I don't know much about forced induction but maybe the port runner sizes aren't as critical as they are with a 'NA' engine. A non-dual port 360 will flow as much if not more than the Eddy but these are rare and/or expensive.
Thanks for you input.summit racing sell non dual port 360 but delivery date is next year

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

DaveEFI wrote:Is there really no room for the standard Rover plenum?
Have the bungs and the attachments for the fuel rail welded onto the Rover manifold and go MS. For a turbo application, the manifold should be OK flow-wise as it will be pressurised.
Cheers,
John

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

capriandyb1 wrote:
DaveEFI wrote:Is there really no room for the standard Rover plenum? I've seen a Capri with one. But can't remember if the bonnet was modified.
There's room yes,ill need megasquirt too..iv looked at both systems and the efi holley produce is just a really nice piece of kit.
Can the Holley map ignition too? Is looks more important than performance?
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

capriandyb1

Post by capriandyb1 »

DaveEFI wrote:
capriandyb1 wrote:
Can the Holley map ignition too? Is looks more important than performance?
Yes it can do ignition and boost control aswel....ignition wise though I was thinking of msd when time arrives to go turbo

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”