chevy 383 stroker tune-up needed

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

chevyc10

chevy 383 stroker tune-up needed

Post by chevyc10 »

I have just imported a chevy c10 pickup with a 383 stroker engine and I have had to put on bigger cherry bombs on as it sounded like a dragster and would not MOT. but I need someone around Hampshire who can tune the engine. It has a Mighty Demon Carb. Can any one help please put me in touch with a tuner. Not sure mpg at the moment but it's got to be between 5-8. thanks for looking.

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
I do not know anyone who can help around Eastleigh, I moved away 25 years ago and I am out of date now. . . there is a very good chap up here in Bletchley (Milton Keynes), but at 8 mpg it will be costly to get here! Unless someone else can recommend a tuner I think your best method may be to get a wide band lambda sensor like the inovate LC1 or similar and log it on a lap top along with the revs and throttle position and drive it around. . . I think with a bunch of jets, or whatever it uses to control mixture, you should be able to do a pretty good job yourself.
best regards
Mike
PS may I say what a top choice of engine you have there and can we have some pictures of the truck please
poppet valves rule!

Spongo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Spongo »

Welcome to the mad house, I have a 383 in mine as well but its running injection so cant help with tuning, also need pictures !!! 8-)
Range Rover 630R or otherwise known as the Money Pit
MS2 with switch MAPS for LPG
Techedge Wideband Sensor

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”