Where to get a radiator made?

General Chat About Cooling & Overheating

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

seight
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Where to get a radiator made?

Post by seight »

I'm after a radiator for my Westfield and was after recommendations for where to get one made. I was going to go with one ready made from Mulfab:
http://www.mulfab.co.uk/our-products/44 ... t-radiator
But the cost is a bit eye watering and I don't think I need one that big. I know their rad will fit and has worked on many cars but the general consensus is that it's huuge and not always necessary unless your racing or on track all the time.

thanks
Mike :D

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

A guy called Richard made my radiator a few years ago and did a superb job. His no is 07908006818. At least it was a few years ago.

Worth a shout.

Or there may be a local radiator repair place near you that could knock something up, or you might even find something off the shelf that's suitable.

Other than that, there are dozens of alloy fabricators on the web if you do a search. It's just a case of shopping around
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

Have a look at Serks they are nation wide and certainly did do a very good bespoke service, the also had a race division as well that made some superb stuff
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

I've used Cambridge Cooling Services in the past to heavily modify a radiator, and found their prices to be very reasonable.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

Docking near Silverstone do great radiators but can be pricy

If you know the measurements though e bay is your friend

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Brise fabrications made mine some years ago and they are in or near Dartford in Kent.
Superb bit of work.
Tim Honess is the guy to speak to.

cheers
P

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

I'd be wary of buying off egay. There are some total dung cores out there.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

seight
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by seight »

Thanks guys. Brise rings a bell from another Westfield V8 owner, I might give them a call. I think Docking used to make the Westfield rad for John Eales so I'll try them too - I've a feeling they did the design that Mulfab are now making.

Mike

jimbob
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by jimbob »

ian.stewart wrote:Have a look at Serks they are nation wide and certainly did do a very good bespoke service, the also had a race division as well that made some superb stuff
I'll second that they made a low fin height one for my 3.9 EFI Disco, up to 45c ambient the water temp doesn't go above 94c, well pleased.

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

jimbob wrote:
ian.stewart wrote:Have a look at Serks they are nation wide and certainly did do a very good bespoke service, the also had a race division as well that made some superb stuff
I'll second that they made a low fin height one for my 3.9 EFI Disco, up to 45c ambient the water temp doesn't go above 94c, well pleased.

I'll third this one as Serck did a great job for me as well.
When i spoke to the local Serck guy he said. "Send me a drawing of what you want and I'll make it mate" Top Bloke did me a real good turn.

Perry

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

kev_the_mole
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kev_the_mole »

Serck for me too.

It's an engine Jim.....but not as we know it ;)

richardpope50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by richardpope50 »

If you are having one made, I suggest you think about the changes you may want to make such as putting in a drain plug, having a temp sensor boss near the outlet, having a bleed plug, etc. Also, you want to make sure the rad cools as much water as possible so having an 'in' just above the 'out' will mean the water simply goes straight between them.

Some rads have built in baffles to stop this and in my case I had mine made with deflectors to get maximum cooling. I have a design spec for my Rush as this may help with ideas. PM me your e-mail and I send the .XLS.

Mine was made by Richard Jones who is near Cambridge. Cost about £300 and very nice too.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control and Quaife LSD ....... Now nut and bolt restoring a TR6

Return to “Cooling Area”