Radiator source

General Chat About Cooling & Overheating

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Radiator source

Post by Ian Anderson »

When looking for a source of a radiator for the GT40 I was told about these guys.

http://www.nrf.co.uk/page5.html

they did a load of stuff but not able to help with my project I printed out their offers at that stage and they did Golf TDi rads at £53

I was checking up and they have a replacement Rangrover 4.0 / 4.6 rad on the site for £150 (Click the link)

I don't know if this is acceptable to post - if not admin please remove it - I'll consider my knucklles rapped!

I have no relationship with NRF other than I found them pleasant to discuss things with - even though they did not come up with anything for me.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to open up a topic area to allow people to post links to sites considered useful. :?:

Ian

Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

Alley Kat
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Alley Kat »

My car (3.9 Rover powered) had a copper Volvo 240 rad for about 8 yrs. Replaced it with an alloy Volvo 740 one (same dimensions), cost £28 s/h delivered. Used 247spares.co.uk to query breakers yards.
When that went west I replaced it with a new one from Viking Radiator in Denham, £70, 01895 831 300.

sean

Post by sean »

As a matter of interest could you tell me where the hoses tap off from. I am thinking of upgrading my old p6 very heavy rad for a newer ally one?

Thanks

Alley Kat
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Alley Kat »

Hi Sean, not sure if thats directed at me or Ian; but mine, looking at the front of the car: top hose exits top right, bottom hose at bottom left. Can't quite remember but think I blocked one small port, the other was fed from a top hose filler. Few pics here
HTH,
cheers
Bill

sean

Post by sean »

Thanks that's vry kind of you.

Return to “Cooling Area”