What is this???

General Chat About Cooling & Overheating

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

wayneb911

What is this???

Post by wayneb911 »

I need to slim everything down at the front to get the engine in my lotus

Can anyone tell me what this set up is or what my options are.

Image[/img]

Regards

Wayne

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Is that your engine? The only way to get the front cover any slimmer is to get rid of the dissy, the one in the pic is slimmer than you would ever get with a belt drive water pump.
TC

wayneb911

Post by wayneb911 »

No thats not my engine. It is in an S1 Esprit but the guy sold it. Trying to find out as much as i can from the old owner. So what sort of system is this at the front as i cannot find any information anywhere. Or has someone made this water pump? Distributor is not the probelm but space when it comes to the water pump as i dont have much room. Space wise is very similar to the setup in the picture so as you can see its very close to the front of the chassis.
Regards

Wayne

CastleMGBV8
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by CastleMGBV8 »

Wayne,

Is it clearance at the crank pulley that's the problem, the most compact standard solution is to use the P6 or modified SD1 crank damper/pulley in combination with the SD1 front cover and P6 water pump which all lines up.

You will need a P6 alternator cradle.

Dont know what the water pump in the picture is but am sure a lot of people would be interested to find out, not sure if that pump will affect the overall depth of the engine though.

I know of a Rover V8 conversion into your model of esprit, a Pink one! and Dave Vale at V8 conversions knows the car well and can supply some of the parts you will need, give him a ring on 01689 858716

Kevin.
Last edited by CastleMGBV8 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/Short ... r-Pump.htm . do you need it shorter than this :D

wayneb911

Post by wayneb911 »

Thanks i will give Mike a call. Be nice if there is a standard adaptor out there for the gearbox mating!! The water pump pictured will prob do it. So is it easy to modify myself. I take its not a case of just cutting it down?
Regards

Wayne

JJMclure
Getting There
Getting There

Post by JJMclure »

looks like an electric pump to me or at least some kind of electric/mechanical hybrid?

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

JJMclure wrote:looks like an electric pump to me or at least some kind of electric/mechanical hybrid?
I think its just a blanking plate incorporating the thermostat which relies on an electric water pump.
TC

Return to “Cooling Area”