Davies Craig controller location

General Chat About Cooling & Overheating

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Ralphh85
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Davies Craig controller location

Post by Ralphh85 »

question for thoes with craig davies digital controllers, im tryign to work out where to put mine, being a mid engined car it wont reach the dash, and i dont think there's really room for it anywhere accessible behind the dash anyway.

they say it shouldnt go int he engine bay, whys this?heat? the engine bay is the only ideal place for it really.

only other option is under the drivers seat, but its hardly ideal?

Ralph

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

How about under your "bonnet" behind the rad etc - if need be inside an insulated box

IAn
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Can't you splice the cables and make them longer so you can fit on dash? You might even be able to make up an extention lead if RS stock the correct plugs, then you wouldn't have to cut the cable if thats what your worried about (though if you soldered the joints if you cut and extended the cable I cant see it ever being a problem!)

Ralphh85
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ralphh85 »

i e mailed davies craig an they just said electronics an heat dont mix, further from the engine bay the better.

not a massive load of help.

to be fare theres no where under the dash to put it anyway, so its either under the seat, which i dotn like, or either int he engine bay or in the rear 1/4 panel where it will have a sheet of metal and foil between it an the engine bay.

guess it could go in the boot? as i have a small boot behind the engine bay.

Ralph

Return to “Cooling Area”