Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Serp belt length.

Post by Coops »

Called my local motor factors today for a 7rib poly belt around 1805 long,
no such belt lives :cry:
anyone got a part number, or belt length for a non aircon serp engine (3.9 dizzy version)
even halfords could not help, :cry:

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

HairbearTE
Guru
Guru

Post by HairbearTE »

Gates do a 7PK1800 and Contitech do a 7PK1801, both are quality belts. I'll check tomorrow to see if we got stock at work.

HairbearTE
Guru
Guru

Post by HairbearTE »

Conti also do an 7PK1809 and Gates do a 7PK1810 (If you need to go slightly over, tensioner will take up 5mm slack no prob)

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Belt part numbers are built up from the belt length. I cant remember the letters for the 7 rib but thats easy to find from any LR belt then look for one as close as you can get length wise. So its something like DLR1805 your looking for. If it is something odd them maybe you will have to go to LR themselves but chances are they use Gates or UniPart anyway which anyone can supply. If you happen to have a config diff from the norm then you might have to rig up an idler to take up the slack or re-jig your setup so a larger one fits. If it is a completely stock setup then a belt shouldn't be a problem even if it is from LR.

I am assuming you have the 7 rib part right and you havent miss counted. I honestly cant remember now as it was a couple of years ago I did mine.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

its defo 7 rib mate.
the 1805 is with the tensioner in its central position, so can go either way a bit,
the belt we used was a 6 rib mondeo v6 with aircon which is 1805 long and fitted a treat

cheers hairbear :rock
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

right i made a bit of a cock up :lol:

it looks like the belt needed is a 7PK1850 (ERR 5267)
i must of got the 5 and the 0 round the wrong way when i was jotting notes down :lol: :lol:

i tried a 7pk1810 that was lent to me and no way would that mother fit. :lol:
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

Return to “Cooling Area”