Wildcat manifold connections

General Chat About Cooling & Overheating

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Darkspeed
Guru
Guru

Wildcat manifold connections

Post by Darkspeed »

Just bought another car with a tuned 4.0L Rover and its got a Wildcat inlet fitted - thing is that there are no water cooling circulation connections on it - both the small outlet connects have sensors screwed into them.

There is one connection in the manifold under the stat housing and one at the rear at cylinder 7.

The car has a heater and this has been connected to the water returns to the pump so no flow through that :?

Any suggestions on the best connection method on this manifold?

Cheers

Andrew

CastleMGBV8
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by CastleMGBV8 »

Andrew,

I presume you mean water heating connections,the Wildcat is a race type unheated ie dry manifold.

Kevin.

john 215
Getting There
Getting There

Post by john 215 »

Hi,
I run one these manifolds on my TR7 V8, i fed the heater via the outlets from the waterpump.
As Kevin said there is no heating on this manifold. The front connection is where i have installed my temp sensor and the one next to no.7 is blanked of on mine.
Cheers John
LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME.

Darkspeed
Guru
Guru

Post by Darkspeed »

Spoke to Wildcat and to run the heater they suggest taking a connection from one of the two connections on the manifold to the heater as these are both flow connections and then connect to one of the the pump returns. I will be taking the flow connection off of the connection under the stat then return this toward the heater then back to the water pump so that the main circulation route is via a stat area.

On my concern that in its current state the engine has no circulation this is not an issue providing there is a bleed in the T stat to ensue that there is a migration of warm water to the stat area - Trouble is that I am not convinced this is happening on my installation.

Nice chaps to talk to and very helpful

Andrew

Return to “Cooling Area”