General Chat About Cooling & Overheating

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Serp Waterpipes

Post by Coops »

just looking over this serp timing cover and pump,
on my old timing cover the water pump has two small pipe stub inlets, (one on the back of the timingcover/pump that a hose from the front of the inlet manifold goes to) ( other one is on top of the pump that a pipe from the heater outlet goes to)

but the serp pump has none on these inlets,
as i now have two pipes that need a home,

how has every one else done theres?
e.g demo with his twin plenum serp set up :wink:

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

dnb
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dnb »

You might be able to see something from these.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

think we have sussed what to do with the pipes now,
thanks for the pics Dave,

On another note, your powersteering pump, is that bolted direc t to the head? or is there a lifting eye etc behind it spacing it off the head?
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

dnb
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dnb »

Yes, there is indeed a lifting eye sandwiched between the head and the PAS pump.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

about 5mm thick?
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

demo2
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by demo2 »

Tony, appologies 4 mot bein around the last month or 2, lot on. Ok here's how i did it.
The pipe that comes from the front of the intake manifold is still fitted but has an ally machined bung shoved in it 2 blank it off(remember mine is still flapper intake manifold 2) one heater hose goes to the pipe that runs under the manifold, the other one was connected by getting a stainless tube the same internal diameter as the bottom rad hose about 5 inch's long, then get a smaller piece of stainless tube same diameter as internal heaterhose and cut one end at an angle. Then dril a hole in the side of the big tube and elongate it 2 the same size as the small tube. Remember because the small tube is cut at an angle the hole becomes elongated which needs to be filed out on the big tube so it matches. Then the small tube gets welded to the side of the big tube and u insert it in the bottom hose and fit the remaining heater hose here.Basically it returnes the water 6-8 inch's in front of the water pump instead of into the pump as u now have it. Hope this helps, yell or tex me if u need further help :D

Return to “Cooling Area”