Blanking water pump outlet

General Chat About Cooling & Overheating

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Dangerdoc

Blanking water pump outlet

Post by Dangerdoc »

Just been trying to check about blanking off one of the rear holes from / to the waterpump on a RRC 3.5 V8 EFi setup and noted that both holes are open.

The engine is a 26D that was designed for carbs but I'm using it with an EFi setup.

Did ask this Q on another thread but I think it has been overlooked as a question.

Am I right in concluding that the centre hole in the rear of the waterpump is blocked off on the EFi system as no matter how hard I try, all the hoses are fully connected up correctly and everything fits perfectly except - one extra hole in the rear of the waterpump (well crankcase cover really isn't it).

Can you EFi wizards / carb wizards confirm I am right before I bung the thing up with epoxy.

Perry if you read this and the engine I donated to you - maybe you can have a peek and confirm it is the centre hole plugged?

Doc

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

It was a few years ago but when I fitted a boxer manifold to a RR I had one extra outlet on the water pump from what I remembered I just blanked one of them, they are ported to the pump right next to each other and are effectivly the same as each thing.
One question back what is that a picture of on your avitar?? 8) I hope it is not too medical :lol:
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Dangerdoc

Post by Dangerdoc »

Hi Kiwi,

Ta for that.

Yeah, it's medical. It is actually a 3D image of the inside of a human heart with a pacing line seen in the right top chamber (atrium) to the right bottom chamber (ventricle) with an imaging enhancing effect.

It is strictly a 4D image as it was acquired on 3D using time stitching capture techniques.

However : ........

It's seen as the inside of the bodies engine, it's a pump, and it's driven with a rather simple (when you understand it) electrical system so I thought hell, it's just like a waterpump and an engine and a fickle EFi setup - that's what I am trying to setup on my project so why the hell not.

Oh, it can be "Jump started" if needed (strictly jump stopped and reset but it sounds better to the public to be jump started).

Just don't ask what the images would be if I needed to discuss exhaust systems !!

:shock:

Return to “Cooling Area”