low down

General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

steve b
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

low down

Post by steve b »

I've almost finished sorting out my front suspension,coilovers, adjustable tca's,quick rack.Now im starting to wonder about bump steer,the car(capri-rv8) is about -3inch probably a bit to low but looks good and drives well on good tarmac.I remember reading some where that Gordon Spice used to heat up and bend the steering arms down to compensate for bump steer on his touring cars in the 80's.Rallydesign sell tarmac spec cranked steering arms but can't tell me the degree in which they are bent.
Now the question is can i safely bend the arms along with possible raising of the rack as well and how much.
Any help would be appreciated
thanks

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

Have a look at this thread
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/builders-for ... kva-2.html

Down the bottom of the page is a good write up on how o set your rack to avoid bump steer

Ok it's on a GT40 but the principals are all the same

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

steve b
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by steve b »

Thanks for the imfo Ian, a bit technical but i get the idea. Iv'e now been told that getting the tie rod arm and the track control arm level with each other is the way to go. I may have to return to standerd height and measure from there down,should be easier with coilovers though.
Ford may be right to start with!
thanks again.

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”