track control arm boots

General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

steve b
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

track control arm boots

Post by steve b »

Has anybody any idea where i can get new track control arm rubber boots for my capri from.Also can i use stainless bolts on my front suspension ie steering arms and inner tca mounting(crossmember),or do they not have enough tensile strengh.

stu8

Re: track control arm boots

Post by stu8 »

steve b wrote:Has anybody any idea where i can get new track control arm rubber boots for my capri from.Also can i use stainless bolts on my front suspension ie steering arms and inner tca mounting(crossmember),or do they not have enough tensile strengh.
Newark Auto jumble, usually people there with various sizes of boots to fit all joints. (in the big shed)

Next one is Easter Sunday, April 8th
Don't use stainless on suspension, not strong enough.

Stuart

kstrutt1
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by kstrutt1 »

Don,t use stainless bolts any where on the suspension, they can work harden and fracture. If you are worried about them seizing use copper grease and if you want them to look pretty get the originals re-plated.

Kevin
Kevin S

steve b
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

dust boots

Post by steve b »

I bought some poly boots from rally design,then went to newark auto jumble(i only live 9 miles away) 4 days later and found some rubber ones in the big shed £1 each Doh! thanks anyway mate.
And ive ordered some socket head bolts(12.9) plated at a fraction of the price of stainless cheers.

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”