Can anyone recommend a paint matching service?

General Chat About Body & Strengthening

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

IainB
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Can anyone recommend a paint matching service?

Post by IainB »

Hi all,
Thought this was the best place to put this 8-)
Im after a paint matching service in the south beds / north herts area ideally for a few spray cans - just to touch in the toy in a few places (and cover the new fiberglass im having done)
Its due for a full respray sometime, but funds mean im going to have to patch what I have for the minute!!
Can take body panels off to take with me to match against, but I know for certain it isnt a std colour!!
Cheers
Iain

Alley Kat
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Alley Kat »

Hi Iain,
There's a place called Edgware Car Colours in err... you guessed it... They're in a unit in a mews right on the A5.
I haven't bought paint there mates have and I know they mix cans. Best bet is take a piece there and have them compare it to colour chips. Sorry no number, must be out there on't web though.

Check if the paint is celly or 2k. Celly will come off easily on a rag with celly thinners. Not sure if 1k cans will go OK over celly but they will know (pretty sure you have to 'mist' it on at first to avoid reaction with celly)

A paint supplier will find a match in their books of chips, and mix up paint to suit, so you'll prob be OK. Assuming not flaked or candied etc etc anyway,
cheers
Bill

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

Iain,
I have used a place in Luton called autopaint international, Directions from the M1 would be Airport turnoff, 1 r-bout left past golf course to bottom of hill over traffic lights about 100yds turn right, there is a big new superstore oppisite of the turning, tgo to the end ot the road and there is a trading eatate opposite enter trading estate and the shop is almost in front of you, they have allways done a good job of matching paint for the cortina, the only normal paint you will have matching will be any red with its inherrent UV stability problems.
Ian :D
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

IainB
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by IainB »

Thankyou :D
Knew local knowledge would come into this, and would rather use people that have been recommended.
Im guessing this is celly - as it must be a good ooooh 19/20 years old - just want to touch in a few places while I work out on my plan of action :twisted: :?:

Return to “Body & Strengthening”