rover 3.9 and a 360 mopar

Please post current V8 projects IN BUILD NOW in here, Any non relavent posts will be removed,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

i wasnt going to use that make of oil, i will be changing the oil at a 100 miles, i normally castrol or duckhams stuff, ive got some oil additive from real steel which has more zinc in it for the running in, :) rich

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

i used halfords classic oil 20/50, She started up on the 2nd turn over, had a couple of nickles, fuel pipe split and carb slightley up, but she runs smooth know, just the running in know, and looking forward to Nth weald in may :D rich

CastleMGBV8
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by CastleMGBV8 »

Rich,

Well done on getting it going, I'm going to do some tweaking over the long weekend to get it running better, mainly carb jetting and sorting out another spare dizzy so I can run more initial advance. and then I can get some miles on it.

Hoping the tweaks will help the lousy cold starting as it's a pig to get going at the moment. but starts first go once warmed up.

Hopefully will see you up at North Weald.

Kevin.

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

Hi Kevin, i just hope this engine pulls better , ive put the dates up for nth weald, Look forward to seeing you there, How easy is it to fit mechanical gauge to the oil and ones for water and battery? :D rich

CastleMGBV8
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by CastleMGBV8 »

Rich,

I prefer mechanical guages for temperature as they are more accurate, the electronic guages only give an indication that they are in the accepatable area.

For the water temp you need an adaptor for the manifold take off position and the oil pressure is normally from the oil pump take off position.

Hoping I can make the May date and so I can find you what colour is the car and you reg. number.

Kevin.

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

you wont be able to miss it, silver top black bottom and covered in stickers, when i feel brave enough i will put a pic up of it :wink: rich

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

Decided on the bonnet cowl today, Abit different from my old one, not cheap though, just start with a twin carb bug catcher thing and cut it about , will get a pic up of it on monday, and eventually i will airbrush it, As for the engine its got a couple of water leaks, but i hope there done know :) rich

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

new scoopImage[/img]

kev_the_mole
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kev_the_mole »

Are you going to use Valvoline 20/50R?
I second that. It rocks :D

It's an engine Jim.....but not as we know it ;)

HairbearTE
Guru
Guru

Post by HairbearTE »

ged wrote:Yeah, thats always the way. :? Think I'll get a whiteboard & mark things off. Thought about using Perry's trick with the old fridge, but I'd only fill it with beer & then nothing would get done. Image

A good source for dry wipe boards is a betting shop! I used to work in that industry and many of the shops that used to use a dry wipe board now use posters instead. The one I got from my former place of work is magnetic too so you can stick useful notes/pages/drawings to it etc. Very useful. I took this pic when I re-fitted my workshop a couple of years back, you can still see the shops footy sweepstakes on the board!

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

just done 50 miles in the motor and so far so good,oil pressure is below 30 at 2500 rpm and no heat problems :D rich

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

An update on the car with a induction bodge, it should work better than the old small airfilter it had on it. Image .

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Should be much better than the old paper on there Rich! You still got the scoop in the middle of the bonnet though?!!
TC

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

yeah still got the scoop,started the old girl up the other day and you could feel the air being sucked in,so when its moving they should be ok. I had one of the air cones on my vectra and at 3500rpm you could hear it alot so 2 of them should be fun :D rich

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Rich
Where did you get that carb fitting please.
Am thinking about making a different induction set up on my wagon.
P

Return to “Your Garage Scene”