have you heard the new F1 cars?

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

have you heard the new F1 cars?

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
To me they sound like an over revved lawn mower, what a horrid noise. That is not going to make for an exciting years racing :? :?
best regards
Mike

poppet valves rule!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

sound f***** poop mate
was watching practise live yesterday before I went to work,
even the guys on the pit wall hate the new sound lol
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

r2d2hp
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by r2d2hp »

Mike, want to swap lawn mowers? ;-)

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

please don't tell me you like them Reg
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

r2d2hp
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by r2d2hp »

No Tony but a noise like that would sure hack of me neighbours.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

:lol:
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi Reg
right I'll be over tomorrow, we'll get the head off your briggs and stratton and skim it, remove the exhaust system and replace it with three feet of copper water pipe and re-jet the carb to run methanol, that should wake the neighbors up. :D :D
best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Fook me!!

Reg is still alive... ??

Answer your voice mails Mr Downer !! :lol:

I'm still waiting to watch qualifying late tonight when the brood all bugger off to bed..... :D

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

they might sound garbage but I bet there are going to be some cracking blow ups in the early season.

Stina

Re: have you heard the new F1 cars?

Post by Stina »

kiwicar wrote:Hi
To me they sound like an over revved lawn mower, what a horrid noise. That is not going to make for an exciting years racing :? :?
best regards
Mike
When ever was it exciting . Watch moto gp for exciting :D
Girls like V8s too !

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
I must confess I thought last year was dull but I didn't think they could make it worse. Last year it was a case of follow a red bull around a track and maybe have a bit of jostling for position mid field. This year it is form a nice orderly line after lap 1 and drive around trying not to have your fuel run out and hope nothing brakes. I came down to watch it at lap 3 and I don't think I saw anyone try and overtake anyone else. If you want to save fuel, dump all the stupid heavy electrical stuff and make the races half as long, at least then you might get some racing! :nutz
Maybe when Berny finally goes we may see some sanity return and someone will remember it is called motor racing.
Bast regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Re: have you heard the new F1 cars?

Post by unstable load »

Stina wrote: Watch moto gp for exciting :D
Exactly.....
Cheers,
John

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

I watched it today. And fell asleep faster than normal :)

I could hardly hear the engines ?

Plenty of breakages though. So not unlike RWYB :lol:

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

kiwicar wrote:Hi
I must confess I thought last year was dull but I didn't think they could make it worse. Last year it was a case of follow a red bull around a track and maybe have a bit of jostling for position mid field. This year it is form a nice orderly line after lap 1 and drive around trying not to have your fuel run out and hope nothing brakes. I came down to watch it at lap 3 and I don't think I saw anyone try and overtake anyone else. If you want to save fuel, dump all the stupid heavy electrical stuff and make the races half as long, at least then you might get some racing! :nutz
Maybe when Berny finally goes we may see some sanity return and someone will remember it is called motor racing.
Bast regards
Mike
Actually that's not quite true, last year started off to be a great season with 4 different winners in the first 6 races, until Red Bull complained about the tyres and they changed back to the 2012 compounds, which is what the Red Bull was set up to use. After that, it was a forgone conclusion and one of the worst seasons on record it terms of watchability.

I'm going to give it more time for 2014. The cars do sound wierd, I miss the screaming 18k V8s too ... but they have some interesting sounds on rundown/deccellaration from the hybrid power units. They're only a little bit slower than last year. The cars don't weigh much different from preceding seasons either. The power is down in terms of bhp (600bhp +160bhp boost), but the torque is up, way way up! F1 has moved on, that's the whole point of the race series and always has been, pushing technology. If you want old skool, watch a revival race series. They certainly needed these changes as F1 had stagnated terribly.

The race yesterday was ok, not brilliant, but as long as RB don't win, I'm all in. Gutted for Hamilton, really happy for Rosberg and McLaren had a great start to the season.

Berny won't be lasting much longer in F1 now, given what's happened in the past year.
RIP MGB V8 .... served me well as a learning curve.

R32 Skyline V8 .... this one is gonna be a monster!

Quagmire
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Quagmire »

I'm not a fan- they are too quiet! You can barely hear the engine noise on the trackside shots above the commentators voices...

I loved the bit where it switched to an onboard shot with one of the Mercedes and Coulthard said something like "Sounds like a Massey Ferguson..."

Its not proper racing either - inbetween managing the tyres and the fuel what percentage of the race distance are the drivers actually driving with the hammer down?

And why does motor racing have to be green anyway? Its like having a pork pie eating contest at a Vegan Hippy get together... :D Surely all the fuel savings made in the races must be massively outweighed by the flights everyone has to make and the tens of thousands of miles the motorhomes and support trucks drive each year.

I know, i know, the technology will trickle into the mainstream in a few years time - but you know what? My newest car is 28 years old, so it doesnt really make a difference to me!

Rant over.

:shock:
1974 Rover 3500s
1984 3.5 90
1959 2.25 series 2

Return to “General Chat Area”