VW T25

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

asahartz

VW T25

Post by asahartz »

Hello everyone. I'm here to introduce myself and my V8! I've just dropped a Rover 3.5 into my Type 25 camper, and I'm sure I will have some questions later about this engine!

Although I bought and transferred an existing conversion, which I have running, it's not yet driving due to a few teething troubles. The engine came attached to a 5-speed box, replacing my existing 4-speed, but it wouldn't go into gear. Attempting to bleed the clutch resulted in a sheared nipple, so I swapped the slave, bled it... and the master seals went, so I'm awaiting a replacement clutch master right now.

The van I took it from was raised, mine is lowered, so I have to work out the best way to lift the back end again due to the extra weight. The sump currently only has 4" ground clearance which is a bit worrying! The exhaust sits even lower, and right now my welder is broken. I'll be modding the exhaust pretty soon, and a sump guard will be fabricated before too long as well!

At the other extreme, the carbs protude into the luggage bay, necessitating a "hump" in the engine cover, and the old-type cylinder airbox is even higher, so I'm investigating ways of changing that.

Another issue I have is the choke cable - as yet I've been unable to source a 5 metre-long choke cable so the choke remains in the boot for now - more than a little inconvenient, so if anyone knows a source for one that long I'd be pleased to know!

Return to “Your Cars”