v8 coolant plumbing

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

bodger
Guru
Guru

v8 coolant plumbing

Post by bodger »

on my v8 at the moment i have the vaporiser inline from the engine through the vaporiser to the heater matrix and then back to the engine = works a treat as the heater has no water cutoff to control the temp just flaps ....
problem now is i'm putting the engine in a newer van and now the heater has a control valve that shuts the water flow to control temp , so now no open loop .... so if i select cold on the heater NO flow via the vaporiser ..

any ideas please ?

thankyou ...keith

remember it's only a bodge if it DOSN'T worK

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

2x T-pieces. Plumb the vapouriser in parallel with the heater. Enough water circulates to go through both rather than it all going through one of them. All of my LPG conversions have been like that.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

bodger
Guru
Guru

Post by bodger »

thankyou Chris , have you got any pictures please
remember it's only a bodge if it DOSN'T worK

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by Rossco »

Remove the pipes you have currently connected to the vaporiser. I assume you had the flow (inlet to heater) pipe split and connected to the top and bottom of the vaporiser

Re-assemble that pipe using a T piece (copper pipe is good with a Yorkshire T joint). Now cut the other heater pipe and reassemble it using a second T piece.

Connect the T piece of the flow (heater inlet) to the bottom inlet of the vaporiser and the heater return T piece to the top connector

Done!

Return to “LPG Section”