cant refill with gas

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

boomer

cant refill with gas

Post by boomer »

hello,

new to site and need help. my good lady tried to fill 91 j plate range rover with gas today and there seemed to be too much pressure in the tank. i know you always get a puff when you release the filling nozzle but today she said there was a leek when the nozzle was attached. the chap at the station tried and another chap came along and said it could be caused by overfilling ie keep filling when the machine gunning starts so is there a way of releasing the pressure?

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

At this time of year, I often get puddles of LPG forming when I release the filler because it's so cold.
Might be worth trying a different filling station as I've had some not seal particularly well.

Also you could drive it until it's definitely run out of LPG, then at least you know the tank isn't over-full.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Dangerdoc

LPG overspill

Post by Dangerdoc »

Hi,

Chris is spot on. I also get a decent vapour release from filling at this time of year (when bloody cold). This is nothing new and it lasts up to about 20 secs with mine.

Don't worry about it. The gas is simply the overpressure in the filling line (seperate valve at the tank) so you won't, ahem well shouldn't drain your tanks.

My RRC takes 150 litres to fill so lots of machine gunning.

Watch out for the machine gunning as it can work harden the metal and cause gas pipe failure.

Doc

Return to “LPG Section”