Rover V8 3.5 EFi

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Dangerdoc

Rover V8 3.5 EFi

Post by Dangerdoc »

Now here goes, lol

Just having taken the beast back from the tuners after weeks of nonsense I have been thinking that despite EFi being all good and well the thought of destroying another AFM with a backfire or the risk of it is too much to bear.

Does anyone know how to set up an emmegas system that is set (at the moment) to start on petrol and then switch to LPG.

I have all the kit in place but don't want to start on petrol just straight to LPG so the wiring will most likely need changing.

I believe there are only some 5 or 6 wires on the emmegas system so should be a breeze but don't want to wreck it.

Oh, I intend to strip out every trace of the EFi system but leave the injectors in-situ just not connected but blanked at the robber hose inlets where the fuel rail feeds em.

Ta

Doc

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

See post in old thread for comments on stripping out EFi.

On all the LPG systems I have seen, you can make it start on LPG by toggling the changeover switch before starting up. Worth checking the manual to see if your system allows that.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Dangerdoc

LPG

Post by Dangerdoc »

Hi Chris,

Ta for the input, it would be good to consult the manual, sadly alas, that's not going to happen as I don't have one for the Emmegas system.

Hopefully someone in here can advise on the procedure.

I have emailled Emmegas direct but heard nothing.

Will let you guys know if things improve.

Doc

bodger
Guru
Guru

Re: Rover V8 3.5 EFi

Post by bodger »

Dangerdoc wrote:Now here goes, lol

Just having taken the beast back from the tuners after weeks of nonsense I have been thinking that despite EFi being all good and well the thought of destroying another AFM with a backfire or the risk of it is too much to bear.

Does anyone know how to set up an emmegas system that is set (at the moment) to start on petrol and then switch to LPG.

I have all the kit in place but don't want to start on petrol just straight to LPG so the wiring will most likely need changing.

I believe there are only some 5 or 6 wires on the emmegas system so should be a breeze but don't want to wreck it.

Oh, I intend to strip out every trace of the EFi system but leave the injectors in-situ just not connected but blanked at the robber hose inlets where the fuel rail feeds em.

Ta

Doc
i wish i'd known , i did exactly this to mine and even had a manfold withthe injector holes welded up ..but then i thought not a good idea as if i ran out of fuel for any reason you can't fill up LPG from a can ??
i then threw the manifold away as no one was interested in it ..
so yes it pefectly possible to do , you can remove all the wiring inc the wires that go the TPS and extra air valve because the extra air valve also senses heat from the maniold to opperate , leave the change over switch connected as that is a safety measure as it won't let LPG through until the engine is sparking or if the engine stalls this is very important
all i did was have a round mixer and fitted inline between the air filter and plenum where the AFM used to be and it's worked just fine
any problems i'm near dartford if your near by pop in and i'll show you ..
keith
remember it's only a bodge if it DOSN'T worK

Return to “LPG Section”