Help

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Dalbro69

Help

Post by Dalbro69 »

:( Hope you guys can help me. Ive just bought a 1997 discovery 3.9l V8 :P Woo-hoo :D with an LPG conversion on it. The bad bit, the lpg isnt working to great, Idling is a bitch unless you really gentle. Its lumpy on acceleration and the odd time,....my air box blow's up!!!!!!! :evil: i really want this to work but dont know what im dealing with.

Always wanted a v8 :twisted: but couldnt afford to run on petrol...lol

Dont know exactly what make the conversion is. It does say EMMEGAS in the control unit in the cab.

Unfortunately i bought it off an old chap who is...forgetting things.nice chap but!!!

So please please help me. I know my way around an engine if anybody needs more info :wink:

Thanks

Darren

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

It sounds like it's running very weak to me. However I know nothing about the EMMGAS? system.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Dalbro69

Post by Dalbro69 »

:D :D Thanks for the quick reply. I think your right about the weak mixture. I was having a look at what i think is the 'mixer'. Turned it one way n the tick over got worst,turned it back and it sped up to a normal tick over. Now seems to be running a million times better!!!!!

Yipee!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I would be greatful if anyone has a manual or should i say where i can aquire one for the 'EMMEGAS'

Thanks

Daz.

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

These guys seem to do conversions:
http://www.hilltopcars.co.uk/

Or I guess you could e-mail emmegas themselves to find your nearest dealer or if they would send you the manual.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Return to “LPG Section”