SU carb mixer orientation?

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

The Original Tom
Getting There
Getting There

SU carb mixer orientation?

Post by The Original Tom »

Whilst searching for some info on LPG systems that I consequently found, I discovered an interesting bit of info.
Apparently, there is a right and a wrong way to fit mixers. If fitted the wrong way round (eg the wrong side facing into the carb) the can cause poor running, fuel economy and power. I've had some trouble setting up my LPG system and wondered if this could be a contributing factor. Now I did notice a difference in them whilst fitting, but figured that if I fitted both the same that it wouldn't make any difference to the running, but maybe I was wrong.
Although the article stated that this could cause a problem, it did not give the correct way of fitting.
So, how should they be fitted? I don't have a picture of mine off the vehicle, and with them on you can't see the differences.
I can post pictures in a few days time, unless someone know off the top of their head, how they should be fitted.

Cheers
Tom.

Rover 3.5 V8 landy - Completely rebuilt and purring... Now awaiting a good tune!!

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

On mine it's impossible to get the mixer the wrong way around as it fits onto the plenum. I recall that the steep side faces away from the engine and the gently sloping side faces into the engine.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Return to “LPG Section”