Liquid LPG injection

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

The Original Tom
Getting There
Getting There

Liquid LPG injection

Post by The Original Tom »

Here's a nice concept... I assume that with the 1:250 volume change, that liquid injection is both fiddly, and incredibly expensive to find a system that meters fuel so accurately?

Or I could be wrong.

How do people gauge the difficulty of converting a RV8 EFI manifold and systems to run on LPG?
Anything as simple as replacing the fuel supply with a liquid propane feed?
The injectors and manifold will be very hot when running so I assume injector freezing would not be a problem?

Any other problems - I'm quite tempted to try it! OF course if I meter too much gas in it's bye-bye block casting!!

Rover 3.5 V8 landy - Completely rebuilt and purring... Now awaiting a good tune!!

bill shurvinton
Getting There
Getting There

Post by bill shurvinton »

Vialle do such systems. Not cheap, but the best. Nearly bought a second hand one a few years back.

The expansion ratio is a non-problem. What is a problem is the pressure that the system runs at. You need 2 tanks, low pressure and high pressure and a fairly trick pump. Injection timing isn't a problem.

What is good about liquid injection is you gain the big benefit of LPG. As is vapourises it cools the inlet to -30C. Provided things don't ice up you get up to 30% more air into the cylinder. 10:1 CR and a turbo? No problem.

If you can afford it, do it. We will all be jealous.

Return to “LPG Section”