More Eaton questions from a newbie

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Poledriver

More Eaton questions from a newbie

Post by Poledriver »

Hi guys.
I'm building a new engine for my TVR Wedge. It will be pre-serp, 5.0 Litre. I have JE Engineering large flared trumpets in the plenum and will be running Emerald ECU.
I have got an Eaton 112 S/C from a Jag and have a couple of questions:-
Are there any adaptor plates available to couple i/p and o/p to round pipes, T/B's etc?
What size pulley should I be using for max 7 psi boost at 5,500 engine revs?
Should I be fitting some kind of dump device to prevent throttle butterfly being blown out when throttle closed at high revs?

Cheers

crayefish
Getting There
Getting There

Post by crayefish »

when we used to run a lysholm on our race car we originally had a bypass valve (vac operated from the plenum that allowed the charger to be byassed at high revs when it wasnt needed, and also it acted to bleed off a little of the excess pressure

turns out for racing aplications it was better to run without the bypass (ie. just straight through) but for road use a bypass would definately be good.

as for the gearing, the charger will have a max rev limit and a point of peak efficiency.... both of these should be shown on the supercharger map. basically the max efficiency should be a bit below the peak revs, and the charger should be geared so that the engine's peak revs are just a little below (500-1000 depending on the size/max speed of the charger) the max speed of the charger

for ours it worked out that the charger had a max revs of 19,000, and the engine max revs was 13,000 restricted. as the max power of the engine was 11,500 we geared that to be at point just past peak efficiency so the charger maxed out when the engine was about 12,500. we then limited the engine to 12,000 to ensure the charger rotational speed didnt get exceeded

hope that waffle helps a little!
Zander

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

Are you not the same poledriver from pistonheads who lives in MK?
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Poledriver

Post by Poledriver »

Eliot wrote:Are you not the same poledriver from pistonheads who lives in MK?
Yes and no! I've moved down South and I've now got a garage so am able to do all the things I've been putting off for ages!

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

Oh right. I was going to say if your'e in MK still, you could bring it round and I'd take a look at it - as I have a workshop.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Return to “Forced Induction”