Wade Ro34 on a 3.5, general advice required

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

baz_d69

Wade Ro34 on a 3.5, general advice required

Post by baz_d69 »

I recently got a almost turn key Rover V8, with a Custom Enterprises Wade Ro34 kit on it. I've read on various forums of people using both 20w/50 or ep90 in the supercharger, does anyone know which one is the preferred oil?

I'm fabricating an exhaust for it, using hedman headers going into a 2.5" secondaries, is 2.5" too much? I figured with it being supercharged slightly larger would be better than the 2" that the headers are supposed to reduce to.

When I bought the engine I was told the cam was a Kent 244, research has shown that that is actually a crossflow cam, so I have no idea what is actually in there. Assuming it'd be a fairly mild cam and given that the blower is on a one to one ratio, does anyone have any ideas as to what boost levels I should be expecting and a rough estimate of power? I've read that the Wade is done by 5k rpm, which will limit the engine to 5k rpm too.

The timing has been set properly by a professional apparently, but I'll be double checking everything anyway, what sort of timing figure should I be expecting? Included in the sale was a MSD 6 BTM, has anyone got any suggestions as to how much boost retard to run?

Finally, I've heard rumours that the Wade Ro34 has a tendency to run quite hot, is this true? The vehicle is mainly street driven so running hot isn't ideal. It's a light buggy, around 600kg, if that helps any.

I realise the questions all depend on variables that I can't define exactly, but appreciate any estimates you guys have!

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

EP90 for the gears of the blower.
1 degree retard / psi for the MSD 6BTM, that's setting 1 on the knob.
Timing should be 38 degree total at 4000 rpm ( no boost ) that's about 14 degree at idle ( vacuum disconnected ) ( Í don't run vacuum anyway on the dizzy).

That's how mine is setup at the dyno.
'73 Ford Capri. 3.5 RV8, Magnacharger 110 Supercharger, Merlin F85 Heads, Water/Methanol Injected
'73 Ford F250, 6.7ltr V8
Building a GT40 mk2

baz_d69

Post by baz_d69 »

Cheers JP, that's very helpful. Have you got a link to your setup? How much did yours make on the dyno?

Blown v8
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Blown v8 »

I used to take mine up to 6k occasionally,best sounding blower I ever had !
Never dyno'd mine, Bought my 2nd one from Graeme (custom enterprises)and years later part exchanged it with him for my now 4:71 !
You could have my old Wade ! lol
Sadly missed Graeme

baz_d69

Post by baz_d69 »

Was yours pink? Cause this one still has traces of pink on it! :lol:

Blown v8
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Blown v8 »

Noooooooo
Blue !

Return to “Forced Induction”