Quick question on rover 3.9....

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Jono FD3
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Quick question on rover 3.9....

Post by Jono FD3 »

Hi guys, I'm looking at building a twin turbo 3.9 next year for the drift truck but want to keep it as a budget build (yea, I know budget & turbos normaly result in dead blocks!) but I feel like giving it a go and seeing what comes of it......
Anyway, the block would be a stock 3.9 RR lump (not sure what the CR is yet as I haven't seen the engine), plan at the moment is to keep it simple with as few electronic parts as possible so more chance of fixing it at events should it deside to stop!

The engine is EFi at the moment, but looking at removing this and just dropping on my Offenhauser 360 and holley 390 on a blow through (would this be an OK size to use?) looking at running about 300bhp (or what ever would be safe) so presume twin TD04's running 7psi would achieve this. would be running a big front mount IC, (about 600mm x 300mm x 100mm) so the only thing realy that would need tweeking and testing would be the dizy, but sure this can be sorted with out too much trouble as they turbo'd the SD1's.

Thoughts & tips please guys, as I would like to do something different and also like to prove a few people wrong about the rover lumps! I know it won't set the world of fire, but would be nice to prove a few people wrong ;)

Jono

Return to “Forced Induction”