suck instead of blow

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Boosted LS1
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Boosted LS1 »

You can have that hat for £75 if you want it. New ones cost more. Intercoolers can be found on volvo's/saabs and the like for reasonable money.

The carb won't need mods to install the hat.

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

i dont need one yet ,im not picking up the turbos till middle of janaury, good to know you do them though, and good about the carb, will be looking for parts next year i would think, and thanks for the help as im just finding out about parts needed and what to do at the moment ,looks like more homework for me :D rich

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

ok , in theory a 3.9 with low comp cast pistons of about 8.3, what sought of power would it be, using standard crank and rods with the twin turbos, and how much work is involved in fitting ,i will use a intercooler and a blow through carb set up and a turbo cam, just finding out what the cost difference will be between doing the 4.3 or doing a 3.9 twin turbo engine :D rich

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

you could do what i'm doing an put both turbos into one side of an intercooler, then you wouldn't have to modify the carb hat and keeps the plumbing simpler. By the way, I'm now selling my mint Cosworth intercooler which is good for 350bhp as I've changed my mind again lol!!!

Return to “Forced Induction”