Rocker cover breather question......

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Lewis
Getting There
Getting There

Rocker cover breather question......

Post by Lewis »

Today I was just messing about (removing some silencers, again, someone provided some inspiration for that :lol: :wink:) and I fitted a nice shiny chrome breather I had to the top of (what I think is) the breather at the front of the RHS bank.

This had a section of rubber hose which ran back to the throttle body - so I assumed it was an emissions thing - to get the engine to burn excess fumes to creater cleaner running.

So I stuck a bung on the hole in the TB and stuck the shiny chrome breather on the stub the rubber pipe hooked onto on the rocker cover.

Now my intention is to replace this with a pipe leading to a catch tank but I just wanted to check that I hadn't misunderstood what it was and am not endangering anything (barring the cleanliness of the bay :lol:)

Thanks all :)

The grey cylinder atop the RHS rocker cover with the rubber hose - that's what I attatched the breather to :?:

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

It is a breather but the canister is also a flame trap, no harm in doing what you have done though.

Lewis
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Lewis »

That's good to know :) - Thanks! 8-)

Yea, I saw the mesh inside and thought it might be as much - will make up a catch tank soon (coke bottle anyone? :lol:) but just couldn't be doing with the engine inhaling all those nasty vapours :shock: :D

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

an environmentalist would shoot you for saying that lol they would say better the engine breathing it than people. :lol:

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”