sticky injectors

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

toughy V8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

sticky injectors

Post by toughy V8 »

ive got my car running at last but its only running on 3 or 4 cylinders and i think it might be injectors stuck, are they usually knackered or can they repair,

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

they can be cleaned, if it has been standing a while soak 'em in injector cleaner to start with, it is worth a go, but they will probably need an untra sonic clean and injector cleaner pumping through them. someone around here was making an injector cleaning rig a while ago.
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

you sure you have not got any damaged wires???
when i built my car when i plugged the injector plugs on 3 of the plugs pushed the wires out
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

ramon alban
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Re: sticky injectors

Post by ramon alban »

toughy V8 wrote:ive got my car running at last but its only running on 3 or 4 cylinders and i think it might be injectors stuck, are they usually knackered or can they repair,
If it is only firing on four then bear in mind the system fires each bank of injectors alternately, so you may not have a sticky injector problem. It could be a fault in wiring, injector resistors or ECU.

Check that all the injectors are receiving their injector pulse befor you assume the injector is faulty.

Removing spark plugs leads one at a time to detect if any changes to engine note occur to determine which cylinders were not firing.

You might also get a similar diagnosis by removing injector plugs one at a time.

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”