Replacing the twin SUs, but with what?

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

russ spake

Replacing the twin SUs, but with what?

Post by russ spake »

Hi, I'm finally getting round to replacing the SUs on my late P6 3.5 which is fitted in my Stag - and get rid of the bonnet bulge. I've had conflicting avdice on what to put on it instead to achieve the necessary bonnet clearance. Is there a definitive answer please? One other thing, the car's hardly mint and I don't necessarily want to buy new parts, any recommendations on second hand sources, thanks.

Russ

speedy s

Post by speedy s »

hi im currently converting my v8 to holley 390!
take a look at Offenhauser and edelbrock manifold as i think they do a custom low profile manifold suitable for clearance problems!!
i have ended up buying 2 holley 390 carbs as i bought one then founedelbrock manifold came with carb fitted! so i have a spare if youre interested?
regards steven

russ spake

Post by russ spake »

Steven, thanks for the reply. I may well be interested in the carb you have and as you suggested I've started looking at the manifolds. Would be good to know the sort of price you'd be looking for if I go for the carb. Russell.

speedy s

Post by speedy s »

i am yet to recieve carb to check condition but as im a mechanic i can fully rebuild if required! i paid 100 plus postage so i would look to recoupe the money i spent! think thats a very good price from what i have seen??
regards steven,
p.s i may also have other spares like angled base plate etc, but not sure untill i have fitted mine!

russ spake

Post by russ spake »

Steve, Sorry for the delay in responding, had a bit of unexpected bad news to deal with. Anyway, I'm currently having my Stag resprayed and I'm not sure of the final bill, so don't know what budget I have for the other things I want to do. I would be very interested in your spare carb though, will contact you again, probably next Wednesday, thanks. Russell

Andy515666
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Andy515666 »

hi

I have the 3.9 RV8 with an edlebrock performance inlet mani and 500 cfm carb. Originally had the same set up on my 3.5
I would recommend this set up and you will notice big gains in power and throttle response.
Do you have headers?

what goes in fast but be able to escape quickly too.
Chur Bro

russ spake

Post by russ spake »

Hi, no I don't have the headers and to be honest I don't know what they are! I'm assuming from your question you have them and I will need them for this conversion. Please let me know if they're for sale and the price, thanks. Russ

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”