General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Daf Variomatic!!
Two big variable pulleys wasnt it John?
Centrifugal weights made the two sides of the pulley close in to increase the final drive eh!!
An alternative to the Powerglide maybe, he he !!

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

5000SE
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by 5000SE »

davemgb wrote:
Race circuits in the UK have varying noise limits, depending on their location and the event
I'm a little late to this thread but feel it should be made clear that all race circuits have the same noise limits set by the RAC MSA.
The MSA sets national upper limits, but local noise limits for race circuits are set by district councils. Sometimes the councils will permit a higher level for less frequent or one-off meetings.
That's why different curcuits DO have different limits, and for different occasions.
No substitute for cubic inches

davemgb
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by davemgb »

The MSA sets national upper limits, but local noise limits for race circuits are set by district councils. Sometimes the councils will permit a higher level for less frequent or one-off meetings.
What did my next sentence say ???

All circuits have the same limits but some events are exempt - the distinction between circuits and events might seem petty but since circuits hardly ever organise race events themselves it makes the event organiser responsible if the event is too noisy, not that it stops people moving next door to a circuit then complaining about the noise!!

Dave

JC.
Getting There
Getting There

Post by JC. »

I have 4 cherry bombs on my BGT V8.
It failed the MOT on noise and they did have a meter.

I got some flexi hose and a y piece and ran both pipes into a chevvy muffler that perry gave me. Sapped the power but it was dead quiet.
Now I have the ticket the MOT bodge got ripped off and I now have chrome side pipes. :D
Image -JC.

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”